Meet
Wendy.
Level 80 Frost Death Knight tank on the Sisters of Elune Roleplaying server.
Former student of necromancy for the Cult of the Damned.
Fiercely loyal seventeen-year-old with social anxiety.
Quite possibly the love of my life thus far.
Wendy is my first 80, my first tank, and my first character to raid - ever. She scares me a lot sometimes, which makes her all the more fun to play.
I've found myself getting a bit aimless recently in my gameplay, though, which is fairly inexcusable given that I have so much left to do. I'm hoping that doing the blogging thing will help me, most importantly, remember all the things I still need to do, and also may just motivated me to tick some items off the list.
So without further ado, here is that depressingly long list:
It is so embarrassing that I haven't done this yet, especially given that it's something I always keep up on. It's important for my tanking, too, as getting mining up all the way will give me that cushy stamina boost I'd like. Plus it would be nice to help some guildies with mats for a change. I've actually wondered, as well, if I should drop engineering in favor of jewelcrafting. Engineering is fun and there are plenty of helpful pieces I can use from it, but from an RP standpoint it's never quite fit for Wendy. I could see her being interested in something like jewelcrafting - it's not something I've fit into her RP much yet, but she draws (she spends a lot of time thinking about the runes for her gear and weapons) and I could see her enjoying the intricacy of it. More importantly, I wonder if it wouldn't be a more helpful profession for my guild. I need to get some opinions on this.
Another embarrassment. I haven't even finished the questline to open the faction yet. I have a PvP enchant on my shoulders right now that's good, but not as good as the Hodir one will be. I must get over my hatred of dailies.
My gear is a little all over the place right now. I was lucky enough to go on my guild's Naxxramas run a little over a month ago and I got several good pieces out of it. However, I also still have two trinkets that are not tanky by any stretch of the imagination, and several blues that need to be upgraded. I've been doing some work on Armory this morning and I think I've found some simple upgrades, but that will probably be a separate post.
For so many good reasons! I need an epic flyer. I'll need gems and enchants and possibly mats for crafted gear as I work on my DPS set. So if one of the goals is making gold, that means I need to get off my butt and start questing again - goodness knows I have enough I can still do in Northrend.
- Level my beloved Forsaken holy priest to 80.
Nadezhda is Wendy's mother, and almost as fun to play. I love healing, and I'm excited to learn more about it now that I've gotten her to Outland and she'll hopefully be in demand (assuming everyone on SoE hasn't already leveled their DK to 80). Her professions are perfect; her gear is awful, but that will change with just a few dungeon runs. Mostly, she needs an epic mount right now and I believe she's still about 150 gold shy.
I've sat back recently and let Wendy participate in the storylines of the other characters in the guild, and I've enjoyed that very much. However, there are a few major things I have in mind for her that I would like to set the groundwork for and begin to put into action. This means being more active in /g chat and taking the opportunities when I see them. It means being outgoing sometimes, zomg!
I had such a blast when I went, and I curse my stupid retail job for not allowing me to ever be off when I need to be to help the guild's primary raiding group. Curse curse curse! But, if all goes well, I should have some alternatives soon and I'll be able to get in the practice that I need. *Crosses fingers.*
Plenty to work on, there. Which means I have plenty of reasons not to just log on and stand in one place while I chat in vent, OOC channels, or the guild channel. I can multitask, dammit!
No comments:
Post a Comment