30 April 2009

Progress is a beautiful thing.

This past week has been slow for running dungeons due to a few of our members who are always up for Heroics having been away or absorbed in other things in-game. However, I was able to attend a portion of my guild's Sunday raid and went along to Obsidian Sanctum as the off-tank, where I picked up a helm for my DPS set. That means that my DPS set is now nearly complete; a neck piece is the only thing I'm still really missing. I haven't had a chance to experiment at all with that build, yet, due to my gear being incomplete, but I really want to. It's a Frost DPS build that I figured out on my own, but then was pleasantly surprised to find our top DPS Death Knight giving almost the same build to Dyna for her DK alt.

I did manage to get in a regular Utgarde Pinnacle run with the guild's morning crew on my day off. The bracers I was hoping for dropped, and equipping them finally gave me my Superior achievement. I'm hoping to do an Heroic UP run in another hour or two if everyone we need is online. I miss my regular, nightly 5 mans. Here's hoping that as a few new 80s emerge I'll be able to get a group going again. By then maybe a few more of my old regulars will be back around as well. *Crosses fingers.*

The bigger, more impressive movement has been on my professions. As of about an hour ago, mining has made it all the way to 320 (thanks especially to our raid coordinator who tipped me off about a particularly perfect place to farm thorium in Winterspring), and jewelcrafting is up to 275. That means they are now close enough that I can level them together from here forward, which is a huge relief. I even managed to make a few rings and pendants that were helpful for a few alts besides my own. It was good to finally feel like my professions are doing something useful.

My other bit of news is that I was made an officer of my guild this past weekend along with Dyna, everyone's favorite Holy Protadin. I'm really excited to start working with the other officers, and we're in the process of ironing out who will be filling what roles. Have I mentioned recently how much I love my guild?

RP and alt update to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment